Effective from 25th May 2018
1. What information do we collect about you?
Information You Give to Us that is necessary for your use of the 7digital Store. We collect from you the following personal information when you use the 7digital Store which is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and 7digital to allow us to comply with our legal obligations; without this information we will not be able to provide you with our services. The information we ask for and collect from you is as follows:-
- If you register for an account with 7digital you will be asked to provide basic information such as your email address.
- If you go on to make a purchase you will be required to provide financial information such as your bank account, or credit card as well as your full name and billing address to facilitate payment of your music. Your information is then provided directly to the Payment Controller as detailed below at 'Information to make payment'.
Other Information you may choose to give us in order to obtain a better experience with 7digital. Any additional personal information will be processed based on your consent only. The circumstance in which you may want to provide us with this information is:-
- If you enter a competition, you may be required to provide information such as your name, email address and/or address.
- If you signed up to our newsletters then we collect information such as your first name, last name and email address to keep in contact with you as well as any other information you choose to provide.
Information to make payment will be provided by you to 7digital but, will also be directly inputted by you to our third party payment services PayPal and JPMorgan Chase and Co. (individually and together the "Payment Controller"). More information about the Payment Controller and their own privacy policies can be found by clicking on the following links: https://www.paypal.com/gb/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full and https://www.jpmorgan.com/country/GB/en/privacy. The Payment Controller and 7digital requires the information from you as described below, as it is necessary to comply with applicable law (such as fraud checks and territory restrictions from our third party rightsholders). If you do not provide this information you will not be able to make your purchase:
Payment Information that the Payment Controller requires when you make a purchase from the 7digital Store is financial information like your bank account or credit card information to process payments and comply with applicable law. They may also require other authentication information such as your date of birth, your address, email address, phone number and other information in order to verify your identity to provide their payment services to you, and to comply with applicable law. To facilitate payment and to comply with our own legal obligations, 7digital shall also process this information as part of your use of our service.
Information may be automatically collected from your use of the 7digital store as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and 7digital and third party providers, (such as the record labels), of the music that you listen to. We may also have to comply with legal obligations but, most importantly it allows us to provide you with a good online experience. We (or a third party service provider acting on our behalf) may be using web beaconing technology to facilitate information tracking, and/or utilise 'local storage' to store your user preferences. For more details please see 'Other Important Information'. The type of information we automatically collect and why is as follows:
- Geo-location Information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or device location is collected when you proceed to make payment through the 7digital Store with the Payment Controller. We require this information as not all music products are available in every territory as determined by the third party rightsholders who rely upon us to ensure their music is not made available where they have not permitted its exploitation.
- Usage Information is collected about you from your web browser or from interactions with our apps, products and services, such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the 7digital Store (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages information, page interaction information and methods used to browse away from a page.
- Log Data and Device Information is gathered such as date, time, connection speed, IP address, device location, browser type and version, operating system and platform. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the 7digital Store (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the 7digital Store.
- Payment Information given over to the Payment Controller is also in part collected through the 7digital Store, including the payment method used, date and time, payment amount, expiration date, and billing postcode, PayPal username, IBAN information as relevant to your payment method to establish your country of origin and other related transaction details. This information is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations to third party rightsholders of the music supplied and to facilitate fraud checks and to allow the provision of the Music Services.
Information from third parties may be provided to 7digital if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we support including Partner Stores that we power by way of music supply and operation. We are also working closely with other third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you, including but not limited to demographic information, from them. We do not control, supervise or respond to how the third parties providing your information process your personal data and any information requests should be directed to such third parties.
If you require further information about the third parties used by 7digital please see section 3 below.
2. How do we use your information?
We use, store, and process your information and information that we receive from other sources to monitor and improve the performance of the 7digital Store and to comply with our legal obligations. The information we collect from you is generally stored and analysed on an aggregated basis.
To Provide, Improve, and Develop the 7digital Service certain information on search criteria and results, listening and purchase history may be used to provide aggregated trend analysis for 7digital's own use. We will principally use your information to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us and to perform our services as follows:
- To operate, protect, improve, and optimize the 7digital Store experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research as to our and our Partner Stores performance.
- Provide our customer services.
- Send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications that will affect your ongoing use of the service we will communicate with you via your email address.
- We may use your email address to send you service announcements, and to ensure that content from our website or apps is presented in the most effective manner for your use.
- To personalize and customize your experience such as music recommendations.
We process this information given our legitimate interest in improving the 7digital Store and where necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
Create and maintaining a trusted and safer environment for security reasons some information may also be logged and kept for our internal security audit log, which may be linked to your IP address. Third party music rightsholders also require us to tailor our product offering depending on where you are based. Your information will be used to:
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments by way of a instigating a fraud score.
- Comply with our legal obligations.
- Resolve any disputes with any of our music rightsholders and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other policies.
We process this information given our legitimate interest in protecting the 7digital Store, to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws.
Provide a Personalised Service we may use information that we have collected about you to:
- Tailor our music intelligence services, to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website or apps about goods or services we offer that may interest you or them.
- If you have signed up to receive newsletters we will send information about music releases we feel may interest you.
- If you enter a competition, information you provide may be used to contact you about competition results, and where you have consented, further marketing purposes as notified at the time of data collection. We may also notify you that your personal information will be shared with specified third parties or Partner Stores.
How the Payment Controller uses your Information is principally dealt with by them to facilitate the purchase of your music via the 7digital Store and is processed by the Payment Controllers to:
- Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Conduct checks against databases and other information sources.
- Comply with their legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Enforce the payment terms and other payment policies.
3. Who do we share your information with?
With Your Consent your information may be shared for a competition entry, where we are running a competition in conjunction with a third party or a Partner Store we will notify you at the point of collection that we will share your information with such third party, and you will be able to choose whether or not to proceed. For more information about how to change your preferences and to unsubscribe from communications, please see section 6 of this policy.
Compliance with Laws, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights may require the Payment Controller and/or 7digital to disclose your personal information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so to:
- Comply with our legal obligations and legal processes.
- Respond to claims asserted against us.
- Respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other infringing activity.
- Enforce our terms of service and other agreements.
Current third parties engaged by 7digital are 'Google Analytics Solutions' https://www.google.com/analytics.
Our Payment Controllers who collect your data for the purpose of processing your payment when purchasing content from the 7digital Store shall require you to comply or be aware of their own use of your information to provide their services.
Anonymised and Aggregated Data will be used by 7digital if we share your website and/or app usage, purchase history, or demographic data with:
- Music intelligence partners for the compilation of sales charts, and the analysis of data such as search criteria, results, downloads and purchases (for example, to provide search and recommendation services for music you might like).
- Reporting to music rightsholders.
When we share your personal data with any third party, they must contractually agree to comply with privacy and security standards at least as stringent as 7digital's when handling similar data. When you provide data directly to the third party, the processing is based on their standards (which might not be the same as 7digital's) and your own independent relationship with that provider.
4. Other important information
You have the right to choose whether your personal data is processed for marketing or promotional purposes by us and/or any third parties. At present 7digital does not use your personal data for marketing and we would inform you if we did intend to use your personal data ourselves or transfer it to a third party for marketing purposes so as to give you the opportunity to exercise your right to prevent such processing . Regardless of our non-marketing approach we may still send you non-promotional emails such as emails about your account or our ongoing relations.
You may access, update and correct your account information and account preferences at any time by logging onto your account and updating your information and preferences. If you would like us to deactivate your account, please just let us know but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes, please see section 6 'Your Rights'. If you wish us to permanently delete your account and personal information, please just let us know.
5. 7digital Partner Stores
Our website and/or our apps may contain links to and from third party websites of a Partner Store and their networks, advertisers or affiliates. We don’t control these Partner Stores and if you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check the partner Store policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6. Your Rights
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note to comply with our own security measures we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request, and we may require further information from you. On making any request we shall endeavour to respond without delay but, in any case within our statutory timeframe of one month from receipt of your request.
Managing Your Information: You may access and update some of your information through your account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date.
Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information: If for any reason you are unable to update information yourself you have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information that concerns you that we have retained or not made anonymous.
Data Access and Portability: If applicable, you may request copies of personal information that you have provided to us and we will give you a copy in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider where technically feasible.
Data Retention and Erasure: We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of our services and to comply with our legal obligations such as reporting to music rightsholders. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide the services you can request that we erase your personal information (and thereafter close your 7digital account) by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention, and enhancing safety. We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations. Where possible we shall make your data anonymous.
- To protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time after erasure of your personal data.
Please note closing your 7digital account does not automatically erase your personal information unless you ask us to delete it as above. On closing your account 7digital shall keep your information for 12 months from closure in the event you want to return to the 7digital Store. If after this period, you have not returned to us we shall automatically erase your personal data, subject to the retention requirements above.
Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing: Where you have provided your consent to any of the processing of your personal information by 7digital you may withdraw your consent at any time by either contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying which consent you are withdrawing, by opting out where indicated on any email bulletins you receive or if you wish to unsubscribe to our newsletters by clicking here. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not mean that the processing activities carried out before your withdrawal will be unlawful. Also, depending on the applicable law you may have the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information such as if (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of your personal information to demonstrate this; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of providing you the with services, but you require the information for a legal claim; or (iv) you have objected to the processing as per the below
Objection to Processing: In some circumstances you may be entitled to require 7digital and also any Payment Controller not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes where such processing is based on a legitimate interest. If you object to such processing 7digital will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate a compelling legitimate reason to do so, such as we need to take your home address to establish your geo-location or such processing is required pursuant to any legal claims. It is important to note that if despite our legitimate reason to process your personal information, you still object to the processing or require it to be restricted we may not be able to continue to provide you with the 7digital services.
Complaints: You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by 7digital before the supervisory authority relevant to your jurisdiction.
7. Operating Globally
8. Your Account Details & Security
7digital has implemented and continues to implement and update technical and physical security features and measures, as well as strict internal administrative guidelines to safeguard the privacy of your personal data from unauthorised access, loss, destruction, or improper use. Some of the safeguards we employ are data encryption, and information access controls. We will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available. While we make every effort to ensure that your information is secure on our system, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may have a credit card or other payment method stored with the Payment Controller or, and if your password is used by a third party (whether or not authorised) the third party will be able to make purchases with that payment method. You will be fully liable for any actions made with your account details where you have not kept your password secure. 7digital advises you to change your password frequently and to always keep it secure.
If you know or suspect unauthorised use of your 7digital account or any other breach of security please contact us at the Contact Us section below. In no event will 7digital be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage resulting from the disclosure of your user information.
10. Contact Us